Here is the full list of winners at the just concluded 2018 Confederation of African Football awards which held last night in Dakar, Senegal.
Asisat Oshoala lost to Chrestinah Kgatlana in the women category, while Mohamed Salah won the 2018 CAF African Player of the Year award for the second time in a row, after scoring 44 goals for Liverpool and Egypt in 2018.
The Super Falcons of Nigeria were named the Women’s national team of the year after their exploits at the 2018 AWCON. As we can all recall, the Falcons against all odds defeated Banyana Banyana of South Africa 4-3 on penalties in a spectacular game.
Check out the full list of winners at the 2018 CAF awards below;
- Player of the Year: Mohamed Salah (Egypt, Liverpool/ENG)
- Women’s player of the Year: Chrestinah Kgatlana (South Africa)
- Youth player of the Year: Achraf Hakimi (Morocco)
- Coach of the Year: Herve Renard (Morocco)
- Women’s coach of the Year: Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
- National team of the year: Mauritania
- Women’s national team of the year: Nigeria
- Goal of the Year: Chrestinah Kgatlana (South Africa)
- Africa All Stars: Denis Onyango (Uganda); Serge Aurier (Ivory Coast), Medhi Benatia (Morocco), Eric Bailly (Ivory Coast), Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal); Thomas Partey (Ghana), Naby Keita (Guinea), Riyad Mahrez (Algeria); Sadio Mane (Senegal), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon), Mohmaed Salah (Egypt)