Popular actress, Regina Daniels has welcomed a baby boy with her husband, Billionaire Ned Nwoko.
Details about the delivery Is still sketchy at the moment.
The Corporate Affairs Commission says certificates of registration of business and non-business entities will be issued with Tax Identification Numbers.
The Commission in a statement on Monday said the development conformed with the Ease of Doing Business Initiative being promoted by the Federal Government.
It explained that customers won’t need to apply separately for tax numbers from the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
The statement read, “This is to inform our dear esteemed customers that as part of the Ease of Doing Business Initiative, Certificates of Incorporation of Companies registered under Part A of CAMA will henceforth carry Tax Identification Numbers issued by the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
“This has dispensed the need for companies to apply for the issuance of Tax Identification Numbers from the FIRS after incorporation.”
The federal government has lifted the ban on interstate travel and also approved the reopening of schools for graduating classes.
Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation, broke the news at the presidential task force briefing on Monday.
He said students in primary six, Junior Secondary School 3 and Senior Secondary School 3 will be allowed to return to school.
Mustapha, who is the chairman of the task force, said President Muhammadu Buhari gave the approval when his team met with him earlier in the day.
“I am pleased to inform you that Mr. President has carefully considered the 5th Interim Report of the PTF and has accordingly approved that, with the exception of some modifications to be expatiated upon later, the Phase Two of the eased lockdown be extended by another four weeks with effect from Tuesday, June 30, 2020 through Midnight of Monday, 27 July, 2020,” he said.
”Specifically, however, the following measures shall either remain in place or come into effect:
“Maintaining the current phase of the national response, for another four weeks in line with modifications to be expatiated by the National Coordinator;
“Permission of movement across State borders only outside curfew hours with effect from 1st July, 2020;
“Enforcement of laws around non-pharmaceutical interventions by States, in particular, the use of face masks in public places;
“Safe re-opening of schools to allow students in graduating classes resume in-person in preparation for examinations.”
His death was announced by Ibadan high chief, Akogun Lekan Alabi, saying the revered chairman of Madandola Group OG companies died on Monday, June 29 in Lagos state.
However the cause of his death was not disclosed in the announcement.
The billionaire businessman is the father of one of Nigeria’s leading fashion designers, Folake Akindele-Coker, owner of Tiffany Amber brand.
He was a renowned business man who in his latter years was involved in philanthropy, which birthed the Bode Akindele Yield Initiative (BAYI) targeted at youth development and empowerment.
Through his Bode Akindele Foundation, the deceased has for many decades awarded scholarships to bright and indigent students
Chief Akindele recently donated N25 million each to Oyo and Lagos states as well as N50 million to the Federal Government to assist in the curtailing the spread of coronavirus in the country.
Madandola Group deals in various business ranging from maritime, properties, manufacturing, real estates to investments, finance and flour milling with its headquarters in the United Kingdom.
The late Chief reportedly called his family members for Lunch on Sunday and had hours of discussion with them before his passing in the early hours of today.
May his soul rest in peace.
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday dismissed a suit filed against the incumbent Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki.
The plaintiffs, Edobor Williams, Ugbesia Abudu Godwin and Amedu Dauda Anakhu in the suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/553/2020 had accused the defendant (Obaseki) of forging his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) certificate in Classical Studies from the University of Ibadan.
The case was dismissed by the presiding judge, Justice Anwuli Chiekere, due to the absence of the plaintiffs and the defendant.
Season 5 of the popular TV reality show in Africa, Big Brother Naija (BBNaija), will premiere Sunday, 19 July. Viewers on DStv and GOtv across Africa can tune in to witness the start of the most anticipated season yet, which is proudly sponsored by Betway in association with Guinness.
This announcement follows the conclusion of the online auditions back in May which recorded over 30,000 entries from BBNaija hopefuls across Nigeria.
BBNaija season 5 will be broadcast live and 24/7 on DStv channel 198 and GOtv Max and Jolli packages on channel 29, with the live eviction shows and weekly highlights aired on Africa Magic Showcase, Africa Magic Urban and Africa Magic Family. DStv viewers will also follow the drama this season with the DStv Now app on a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Meanwhile, this season’s prize money promises to be bigger including other surprises for viewers and fans of the show.
DStv customers who would like to opt out of viewing the show can do so by sending “BBNOUT [space] smart card number” to 30333. While GOtv customers can do same by sending “BBNOUT [space] IUC Number” to 30333. Additionally, customers can activate the parental control option on their DStv and GOtv decoders for viewers younger than 18 years.
To not miss a moment of the entertainment the brand new season is sure to bring, fans are encouraged to sign up on DStv today via www.dstvafrica.com or get GOtv Max or Jolli on www.gotvafrica.com, and download the MyDStv and MyGOtv apps from the app store for more self-service options.
Given the prevalence of the COVID-19 pandemic, MultiChoice Nigeria has assured viewers that global best practices, precautions and preventive measures will be followed throughout the show. To find out more about this and other information on the fifth season, visit www.africamagic.tv/bigbrother. You can also follow the official Big Brother Naija social media pages for news and updates with the hashtag #BBNaija on Twitter @bbnaija, Instagram @bigbronaija and Facebook www.facebook.com/bigbrothernaija as well as all verified social media pages of DStv Nigeria, GOtv Nigeria and Africa Magic.
Mohammed Adamu, Nigeria’s Inspector-General of Police, has ordered the Commissioner of Police in Ondo State, Bolaji Salami, to restore the security details of the state’s deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi, with immediate effect.
The directive was contained in a letter issued to the Ondo Police Commissioner through the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Department of Operations, Force headquarters Abuja.
SaharaReporters exclusively obtained a copy of the letter on Monday morning with Ref. No CB: 2002/DOPS/FHQ/ABJ/VOL/77/168.
The letter was signed on behalf of the IGP through Mr Austine Agbonlahor, Assistant Inspector-General of Police.
Ajayi had last week Wednesday raised the alarm that security details attached to him and his office were withdrawn by the Nigeria Police Force in the state.
He specifically accused the Commissioner of Police of working on the instructions of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu to withdraw the officers.
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has been accused by a whistleblower, John Okpurhe, of refusing to pay him reward after exposing over $1 billion government money hidden in Unity Bank Plc.
Consequently, Okupurhe, has reported Malami to President Muhammadu Buhari, via a letter written by his lawyer, Aliyu Lemu, dated June 22, 2020.
According to the whistleblower, the account was secretly being operated by the Nigerian Ports Authority to illegally collect revenue from vessels.
He said upon discovery, he informed the Office of the AGF in line with the whistleblower policy of the secret account and an agreement was signed.
The agreement stated that Okpurhe would be entitled to a reward if the information provided turned out credible.
The whistleblower said after playing his own part, the AGF’s office began to play games.
The letter read in part, “Pursuant to the whistleblower policy of the Federal Government, our client approached the Office of the AGF with confidential information in respect of hidden public funds concealed within a commercial bank in Lagos contrary to the Treasury Single Account policy which requires all public revenue or funds to be domiciled in the Central Bank of Nigeria.
“Our client presented the Office of the AGF with qualifying information on a cloned account with the Nigerian Ports Authority which was being used to illegally collect revenue from vessels by the signatories who are no longer in the service of the NPA.
“Upon establishing that our client’s information qualified under the whistleblower policy, the Office of the AGF signed a whistleblower agreement with our client through his appointed counsel- Mamman, Maiyaki & CO.
“The information provided by our client eventually led to the exposure of the hidden/concealed funds in Unity Bank Plc to the tune of $1, 034, 515, 000 (One billion, thirty four million, five hundred and fifteen thousand dollars only).”
The whistleblower said the Office of the AGF had been making flimsy excuses as to why the reward was not paid.
He said the Head of Asset Management and Recovery Unit, Mrs. Ladidi Mohammed, informed him that the matter was in court and the plans had changed.
Okpurhe said when asked who filed the suit, she (Mohammed) could not come up with the answer. Also, she could not disclose which court the matter was pending.
He added, “On the next day, one Ms. Bunmi who deputises for Mrs. Mohammed, called our client and asked him to come alone without a lawyer. Upon arrival, she informed our client that there was no pending matter in court on the account.”
The whistleblower said he was told that because the money involved was huge, the Office of the AGF recommended a private firm with which he should enter into a contract to help him get the funds.
The whistleblower said upon the insistence of the AGF’s office, he was made to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the company to forfeit 60 per cent of his reward.
He said in a dramatic twist, his lawyer was attacked by armed policemen in his office who robbed him and made away with the original copy of the agreement signed with the AGF.
Okpurhe called on the President to quickly intervene as failure to pay him could compromise the whistleblower policy and affect public trust in the government.
When contacted, AGF’s spokesman, Umar Gwandu, did not respond to calls but a source at the AGF’s office said the matter was being investigated by the Department of State Services (DSS).
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, on Sunday, disclosed that plans are in top gear by the State Government to construct a purpose built International Infectious Disease Research Centre at the Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba as part of Lagos COVID19 response and other infectious disease preparedness in post COVID19 era.
Sanwo-Olu, who disclosed this at the official launch of the 150-bed Mainland Infectious Disease Isolation Centre donated by Private Sector Coalition Against COVID19 (CACOVID) to Lagos State for COVID19 response, added that the state government would also erect a purpose built Doctors’ Quarters and permanent isolation wards to ramp up capacity for any infectious disease outbreak in Lagos as part of the global master plan for the Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba.
He said: “Our Infectious Disease hospital is seeing a lot of brand new things coming up and we are have committed that this hospital post COVID19 would see a purpose built international infectious disease research centre; the designs are out already. We will also be building a purpose built isolation wards, we will ramp up our infrastructure and capacity and not wait for a pandemic to come on us again. We will be building doctors’ quarters in this facility as part pof our global plan for the Yaba Infectious Disease Hospital”
While commending CACOVID for donating the state-of-art 150 bed Isolation centre to Lagos for COVID19 response, Sanwo-Olu noted that the facility will certainly add to the State capacity and enable it do a lot more in the war against COVID19.
“This is the sixth or the seventh dedicated isolation centres that we have. Several other facilities we are using for quarantine and holding bay but this is the sixth or seventh structured isolation centre. I want to on behalf of the people and government of Lagos State coalition for this facility”, the Governor said.
Sanwo-Olu, however, noted that beyond putting up isolation facility for COVID19 case management, it is important for citizens to understand that the need take responsibility against the pandemic.
“It is not a function of how many isolation bed that is built but a case of ourselves taking responsibility, understanding that this virus knows no race, colur or age. Indeed we need to take responsibility because of our loved ones. Covid19 is real and we owe it a duty to tell our people to be very cautious and take precautionary measures and ensure that it is only when we do all of this things that this pandemic can be defeated”.
“When we say that if you feel unwell and you’ve been tested that you isolate yourself even if you don’t have severe symptoms, it is really so that you can protect your loved ones and the vulnerable in your family and vulnerable in the society so that we can slow down the morbidity and fatality that might come out from a raging pandemic such as this. That is why we cannot lose this opportunity to reiterate the importance of wearing your face mask at all times, practicing hand hygiene and physical distancing”, the Governor stated.
Earlier in his remarks, Lagos Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, explained that the 150-bed isolation facility has a fully contained PCR laboratory, a routine laboratory, a bouquet of administrative and ancillary facilities, a water treatment plant, a waste management system and three power generators for case management.
“Today we are opening the 6th of our isolation centres in Lagos specifically committed to COVID19. This isolation centre is donated by a consortium known as CACOVID and we have been working together now for almost four months to design, to build and to complete this fabulous structure which is going to add 150 more isolation beds to our central isolation capacity”.
“This is an extension of facilities at main infectious disease hospital at Yaba where we have about 120 isolation beds and well established intensive care unit (ICU) for patients with severe to critical case. The dobated facility by CACOVID will serve as an additional 150 beds for us to manage the more moderate to severe cases of COVID19 and if any of them needs intensive care, they would be moved across to our ICU”, Abayomi said.
The Commissioner noted that the new policy shift in Lagos is that patients who test positive and require close monitoring will be managed at the State central isolation facilities.
In his remarks the Managing Director Access Bank PLC, Herbert Wigwe commended the State government and the Governor for the timely and good response against the COVID19 pandemic. He noted that a lot has been done by Lagos State in its response against the disease that deserves commendation.
“We are proud to have worked very closely with a very strong team to set up what is a model state-of-the-art isolation centre here in Lagos. I must commend the State team with the level of transparency, painstaking attention to detail which we have to go through to make sure that the facility we have here is what can be compared to any other in other parts of the world.
“I must commend you for the leadership you’ve shown and commend you for manner with which you have tackled the pandemic. When we compare what is happening in Lagos to other parts of Africa and other parts of the world with similar demography, we must say that a lot of work has been done out here and we are extremely proud of the great job that is coming out of here particularly in Lagos.”, he said.
The boss of Mavin Records, Don Jazzy has once again extended his generosity to a woman who lied to him about his bank.
Don Jazzy posted on his twitter handle trying to promote his Vbank and the woman while reacting to that insinuated that Don Jazzy has been lying about their services and charges.
According to the woman, she was charged when she made a transaction with Vbank contrary to what Don Jazzy said claiming they don’t charge when one transfers money.
In order to prove himself, Don Jazzy asked the lady in question to show him evidence that she was charged and he will dash her 100k, but she wasn’t able to give him any evidence.
Don Jazzy still gave the woman the 100k saying he gave it to her to show that he trusts his Vbank very much.