All is set for the premiere of Big Brother Naija season five. The new season will premiere today, Sunday, the 19th of July, on DStv channel 198 and GOtv Max and Jolli packages on channel 29.
However, to avoid any form of intellectual property infringement, MultiChoice, the organisers of the Big Brother Naija show have put together some guidelines to offer information to influencers, journalists, bloggers, and social media users on the coverage of the upcoming season of the Big Brother Naija show.
Here are some things media platforms and fan pages alike should take note of as they cover the fifth season of the BBNaija show.
- Live-streaming the show on TV from a mobile or hand-held device directly or via any social media live streaming application, including YouTube is not permitted.
- Recording and publishing over one minute of the show on any social media platform is also not permitted.
- Media platforms are prohibited from asking fans, viewers, or followers to watch live or recorded footage of the show on their social media platforms.
- For non-media platforms, you must indicate that your social media page is a fan page. All other rules apply, regardless.
- If you plan to cover the show in real-time, you may only use image and text-based tweets to do so. Images and video content can be sourced from the Africa Magic website, and the official social media pages of Big Brother Naija, DStv, GOtv, and Africa Magic. Video and images can also be obtained from the content bank on the BBNaija media guide website.
- All content provided are the intellectual property of MultiChoice Nigeria, so you are not permitted to watermark any photos and videos provided.
- Media are encouraged to use the official hashtag of the show #BBNaija and any other hashtag as communicated per time.
- Retweeting and reposting content from official Big Brother Naija pages is welcome
- Social media platforms can request for specific footage by sending an email to the contact emails found on the Big Brother Naija media website.
- Interviews with BBNaija alumni are highly encouraged. To request interviews with ex-housemates, you can reach out to the MultiChoice Public Relations team or its agency PR consultants.
BBNaija is unarguably the biggest reality TV show in Africa. The huge overwhelming audience interest in the show means that it is a huge content driver for media platforms. Media platforms can maximise the engagement opportunities that BBNaija holds by creatively covering the happenings in the house and by following the BBNaija social media guide. Intellectual property infringement is a serious offence and the social media platform owners will flag any improper use of BBNaija content.
To find out more about this and other information on the fifth season, visit www.africamagic.tv/bigbrother. You can also follow the official Big Brother Naija social media pages for news and updates with the hashtag #BBNaija on Twitter @bbnaija, Instagram @bigbronaija and Facebook www.facebook.com/bigbrothernaija as well as all verified social media pages of DStv Nigeria, GOtv Nigeria and Africa Magic.